The Quality Control team uses the following premises when reviewing any recording that is submitted to the system:
- Does the voice match the age, gender, accent, and language selected by the client?
- Did the Pro follow the projects instructions provided in the remarks section?
- Did the Pro use the reference of the sample or the external material attached by the client?
- Did the Pro read the script exactly as provided?
- If the Pro submitted multiple takes, are these complete and organized?
- There isn't room echo.
- The voice sounds at a proper distance from the mic.
- There isn't distortion/clipping.
- The volume is normalized around -3dB Peak.
- There are no editing issues (i.e. clicks, pops, audible cuts).
- There isn't more silence than needed at the start or end (0.5 secs is suggested).
- The audio doesn't sound heavily processed (i.e. noise reduction plugin, EQ).
- There isn't heavy compression and/or limiting.
- The voice sounds as if it was recorded with professional equipment.
- There aren't breath noises (i.e. loud, undesired and distracting).
- There aren't mouth clicks/mouth noises (i.e. loud, undesired and distracting).
- There aren't plosives.
- There isn't hiss/white noise.
- There isn't an electrical noise/hum.
- There aren't background noises (i.e. cars, mouse clicks, fans, pages, people, etc.).
- There aren't sibilance issues.
- Does the voice doesn’t sound monotone/flat?
- Does the voice sound robotic or computer generated?
- Are there pronunciation issues, mumbled or unclear words?
- Does the voice sound nasal/raspy?
- Did the Pro include any contact details, or content not relevant to the project? If the project is marked with the syncing option:
- Is the deliverable synced as instructed by the client?
- If the audio has background music, is the voice easy to understand?
- Does the sample convey a complete idea? I.e. the sentences are complete, and the demo is clear.
- If the sample has multiple voices, it is clear which is the pro's voice?
- If the sample has background music, is the voice easy to understand? Is the mix balanced?
- Is the sample well labeled regarding of category and other relevant attributes? (Gender, age, purpose, language, accent).