In contests, we provide up to 6 auditions for our clients to choose from. These projects represent around 6% of our total project count.
Contests are for clients who are unsure as to which voice they want and would like to listen to several options before choosing their voice. The process followed to submit a contest project is as follows:
Our client fills out the project form with the details of what they need.
Our algorithm uses the information provided by the client, and additional data including Pro's stats, availability, rates, etc. to determine the matching Pros to work on the project.
- We email the matching Pros with the invitation in batches. The first 3 users to accept the project will get the chance to participate and the project will be closed. Available projects also appear on Your Projects.
- Our Quality Control team reviews the recordings. If the submission is approved, the payment for said deliverable will be scheduled and the recording will be sent to the client. If the submission is rejected, the slot will become available again and the system will send a reminder to the Pros who decided they wanted to know if this happened. Here our system may also invite more matching Pros to fill in the remaining slot.
- Our client will review the auditions. Here, they have 2 options:
- Pick a winner out of the 3 auditions they receive.
- Choose to receive 3 additional auditions. This usually happens when the client is not satisfied with the initial deliveries and would like to listen to more options.
- Once we have a winning audition, the Pro will be asked to deliver the recording with the full script. Our quality control team will review this deliverable and can either approve the submission or request revisions to achieve the perfect delivery according to our quality standards and the client's brief. Once the submission is approved, the payment for said deliverable will be scheduled and the recording will be sent to the client.
- Our client will review the recording and can either accept, request revisions or reject the delivery.
How long do I have to deliver an audition?
For contest auditions, you will have between 25 and 30 minutes to deliver depending on the length of the auditioning script. The timing you have will be provided in the acceptance page. Keep in mind this is the same time provided to deliver a revision from quality control.
I accepted to deliver an audition but I realized I can't deliver, what can I do?
We expect you to be very careful before accepting a project. However, if you definitely need to pass on it, you can click the Reject button on the project. This will trigger a signal and the project will become available again for other Pros to deliver.
Will rejecting a Contest after accepting impact my stats?
Yes. As we are very clear in regards to contest auditions, the slot you took and didn't deliver will turn into an expired read in your stats.
I received an invitation but I don't believe the project is suited for me, will my stats be impacted if I don't take care of this invitation?
Absolutely not! As long as you don't accept the project and compromise to deliver, you can ignore any given invitation if you don't want to work on it. We understand that not all voices would work for every single type of project. We actually expect you to only participate in projects where you believe you'll be the perfect fit.
How long are Contest auditions?
Contest auditions are no longer than 100 words.
I was recording the auditioning script but the last sentence is incomplete, what can I do?
For contests, our system adds the first 100 words to the auditioning script automatically when the client doesn't have a specific script they want to use for this part. This can sometimes cause for the last sentence to be cut short. For these cases, you can read right until that word or go a bit further to close the sentence. Please make sure you don't read more or less than that.
Can I deliver the full script in an audition?
No. For auditions, we only need you to deliver the area included in the auditioning script. Keep in mind the payment provided is only for a small section!
If I'm not chosen as the winner of a contest, will this impact my stats?
Every contest audition that you win or not win will be added to your stats. We understand that there are going to be projects where you're not chosen, however, we expect the winning auditions ratio to be high. For this reason, we suggest you be quite selective with the projects you participate in to ensure you have the highest chances of winning the project and increase your contest stats.
How long do I have to deliver after being chosen as the winner of a contest?
You have 24 hours after being chosen as the winner to deliver the final recording. If this timing is not enough, please let us know right away by raising a flag on the project or emailing us at email@example.com.